Thursday, April 3, 2008

Regular Languages

This will be a blog containing my thoughts on programming techniques, languages, and projects, as well as my random thoughts on science of all kinds (mainly physics of the really small and really big). I will cover some aspects of information security, as I am very interested in the subject. I may also cover politics from time to time as it relates to my other interests. I will probably also post current events that I am experiencing and feel like writing about at any given time.

The reason for the title is that I will express myself in a regular fashion, much like a regular language. For any who don't know what a regular language is, it is a language that can be accepted by a DFA, an NFA (as in my display name), or an e-NFA. It is also a language that can be expressed by a regular expression or generated by a regular grammar. That is as far as I am prepared to go into that subject at this time. Wikipedia is great if you want to learn more. I often find myself recursively searching wikipedia; digging down into tangential subjects before coming back to the original thing I was reading.

No comments: